Frank Bette seeks volunteers
Center director Debra Owen said she’s looking for volunteers for a number of key positions who can devote eight to 24 hours per week for three to eight months, depending on the project and position. And here’s the rest of Owens’ e-mail:
These positions have processes, timelines, milestones and goals. Some are “work alone,” some are “work with a team,” some are leadership roles. They all require a resourceful organized approach by someone who likes responsibility. Some have regular work hours, some have flexible work hours. Some are “artsy fun” and some are not; some are high visibility, some are behind the scenes, some are high pressure, some are physical, some are just nose to the grindstone. They are all important.
Persons who might be interested are:
* In career transition, want real job experience, expand their skills, add to their resume.
* Retired and ready to work for the love of it.
* Have time/skills to give, and would love to work in a community arts organization.
* Have “other” part-time obligations, such as student or caregiver or ?, and would like to add something different and meaningful to their life.
* Just love-to-be-busy worker types.
The jobs include, but are not limited to:
* Classes/workshop coordinator
* Administrative assistant
* Publicity & E-newsletters
* Exhibit Installation
* Gallery Manager
* Online Marketing
* Special Events Coordinator (pick-one: we have a small, medium, and big ones … monthly and annual)
* Special Programs Coordinator
* Artist Outreach & Curator
* Building/Facility Maintenance
* Community Outreach
Interested? Then give her a shout at 523-6957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.